Onyx Health Club Cleveland Turkey Trot
Since its start over 40 years ago, the Cleveland Turkey Trot, a Thanksgiving morning tradition for the whole family, has benefited a number of charities in our community. Local charities of all sizes and interests are invited to get involved in the race to help raise funds for their respective causes and your organization has the opportunity to be involved in this milestone race!
In order to be recognized as an official charity partner in this year’s Onyx Health Club Cleveland Turkey Trot, we ask that your organization meets one simple criteria. Your charity must provide a minimum of 10 volunteers to assist us on race morning, Thursday, November 24, 2022 (Thanksgiving Day 7am-11am). Responsibilities can include assisting at registration, working a water stop, providing direction to race participants out on the course, helping at the finish line, and/or distributing post-race food and water.
In addition to the individuals helping out with race day duties, organizations should rally to get all volunteers and sponsors of their organization to participate in the race. The recognition and visibility your organization will gain is tremendous and every registration is another chance for someone to donate to your cause!
The benefits that come with becoming a charity partner are what make the program successful. One major advantage of being included in the charity program is that it allows your organization to use the Onyx Health Club Cleveland Turkey Trot as a fundraising tool for your respective cause without having to plan and manage an event on your own. In past years, participating charities have generated between $400 and $4,000 in additional funds.
Other benefits include:
- Opportunity to have an exhibit booth at Public Hall (race registration site) on race morning.
- Opportunity to reach close to 10,000 runners through a virtual race bag ad.
- Logo, link and company description on race website.
- Opportunity to promote your charity at your assigned volunteer location (signs, t-shirts, cheering squads, etc., are encouraged).
- Opportunity for participants to make a donation to your charity when registering online for the race.
If you are interested in joining the Cleveland Turkey Trot Charity Program, please contact Adam Petrovic at Hermes Sports and Events at email@example.com.
Contributions to local organizations
Help to make the holiday season brighter for others!
Each year, Hermes works with our runners to collect items to support local organizations who work with those in need. This year, we will be helping St. Augustine Church in Tremont and the Westside Catholic Center on Lorain Avenue in Cleveland. Items collected at packet pickup will be delivered to these two wonderful organizations.
Here’s what they can use:
- Non-perishable food items (canned soups, veggies, beans, etc.)
- Gloves and plastic aprons, forks, knives and spoons
- Dish towels
- Toiletries – Travel and full-sized (toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap/body wash, shampoo/conditioner, deodorant, disposable razors, lotion)
- Underwear (men’s and women’s) and socks
Your generosity is greatly appreciated during this time of year.
Thank you for your support!