ABOUT THE RACE
When does the race begin?
- The 1 mile fun run begins at 8:45am and the 5 mile and 5k runs begin at 9:30am
Where does the race begin?
- It starts at the corner of East 6th St. and Lakeside Ave. in downtown Cleveland
When does race day registration begin?
- Race day registration and packet pick up begins at 7am inside Public Hall in downtown Cleveland. Public Hall is located at 500 Lakeside Avenue in Cleveland, Ohio
How can I register for this event?
-There are 3 ways to register
- You can register online; the deadline for online registration is Wednesday, November 27, 2019 at noon
- You can also register by mail. Mail-in registrations must be received by Monday, November 18, 2019. Send completed forms and checks, made out to “Hermes,” to:
- Hermes Sports & Events
2425 W. 11th Street
Cleveland, OH 44113
- Hermes Sports & Events
- Registration can also be completed in person at the packet pick up sites or on race morning
How much does it cost to participate in this event?
The 1 mile, 5k, and 5 mile, and virtual runner costs are:
- Through August 30 : $25
- August 31 – October 31: $30
- November 1 – November 27: $35
- Race Day, Thursday, November 28: $40
- Family Discount – $20/person through August 30; $25/person August 31-October 31
- Four or more people with the same address are eligible for the family fee. You may register everyone online or mail-in forms must be received in one envelope. Please mail to the Hermes office address listed above along with payment (cash or check)
Is it safe to register online with my credit card?
- Yes, Hermes Sports & Events has partnered with Active.com, who is a leader in online registration. Hermes uses Active.com for most races. It is safe and secure and they can guarantee that your information will be safe. There is a small processing fee when registering online.
Is there a processing fee for registering online?
- Yes, there is a 7% processing fee when registering online
If I’m registering with more than one person, can I fill out one form?
- No, we require individual entry forms for each participant to make sure we have all the information we need for that participant. We will NOT accept two names on one form.
What’s the age requirement to register for this race?
- There is no age requirement. All participants must sign the race waiver (if under 18, by a parent/guardian).
Will you send me a confirmation?
- All online registrations will receive confirmation via e-mail. For mail in entries, please list a valid e-mail address for confirmation. For all other registrations, you may contact the office to verify your registration at 216-623-9933.
I didn’t receive my confirmation e-mail, how can I make sure I’m registered?
Please call the Hermes office at 216-623-9933.
What do I receive with my registration?
- Finisher medal for all participants (CLICK HERE FOR IMAGE)
- Customized long-sleeve t-shirt (CLICK HERE FOR IMAGE)
- Virtual goody bags
- Pumpkin pies to top 3 female and male finishers in the 5K and 5 mile races
- Age group awards in the 5-Mile and 5K runs
- Costume contest throughout the events…make sure you smile!
- Sponsor activities throughout Thanksgiving morning
- Photo opportunities with family, friends and mascots!
- B-tag timing in the 5-Mile and 5K runs (The Orangetheory Fitness Cleveland Turkey Trot is an officially timed event using the disposable B-Tag timing system. Timing chips are attached directly to the back of your bib number and are to remain adhered for the duration of the event)
I can no longer participate in the race (injury, scheduling conflict, etc.), what are the Hermes refund/transfer policies for the race?
- All entries are non-refundable. Once we’ve received and processed your entry, you will not receive a refund, you may not give or sell your race number to other people, and entry fees are not transferable to the next year’s race or any other race.
- You are able to transfer your entry to another person for a fee of $10. This can be done at any of the packet pick ups prior to race day. There will be no transfers on race day.
- If you call or email about a refund, you will be directed back to this page
If I’m unable to attend and already registered, can I still get my shirt?
- Yes, you can pick up your shirt at our office (2425 W. 11th Street #2, Cleveland, OH 44113) the following week – we do not mail shirts unless otherwise stated. Please call the office ahead of time to let us know you are coming at 216-623-9933.
I noticed this event is part of the Road Race Series, do I have to be registered for that to participate?
- No, this race is open to all interested participants. For more information regarding the Road Race Series, please visit the Road Race Series page on our website
On my registration, I misspelled my name, age, I’ve recently moved, etc. How can I fix this?
- You are able to self edit your registration through Friday, November 10. Afterwards, please call the office at 216-623-9933 or e-mail email@example.com
PACKET PICK UP INFORMATION
If I’m pre-registered, do I need to bring identification to packet pick up?
- It is not required but it’s always a good idea to bring it.
Am I required to pick up my race bib and shirt at packet pick up?
- It is not required but strongly suggested so you avoid waiting in lines on race day.
Can someone else pick my race bib and shirt?
- Yes, both can be picked up by/for family and friends. It’s always a good idea to bring your confirmation e-mail.
Can I have my packet mailed to me?
- Yes. Packet mailing is available for $10 through online registration or mail-in registration. The mailing option closes October 28 at midnight. Packet mailing is available for family registrations as well for an additional $10 per person – for family discount with mailing, registration forms MUST be mailed to Hermes, online family packet mailing is NOT available.
Where can I pick up my race packet?
Locations and times can be found HERE
On race day, you can pick up at Public Hall starting at 7am
500 Lakeside Avenue in downtown Cleveland
How is this race timed?
- This 5 mile and 5k races are officially timed event using the disposable B-tag timing system. Timing chips are attached directly to the back of your bib number and are to remain adhered for the duration of the event.
Where can I see my results?
- Results will be posted directly after the race on our website. Locate the race and click the ‘Results’ link or on the home page, go to the Race Results tab. You may need to refresh your browser to view.
When will the results be posted?
- The results will be posted before noon upon completion of the race
What do I do if my results are incorrect or missing?
- After the results have been officially posted, please contact Adam Petrovic at firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns
Does this race provide any kind of awards?
- Yes, we will have awards for the top three overall male and female finishers in the 5 mile and 5k, along with the various age groups.
- Results online after the race will reflect the top three finishers male and female in the following age groups in the 5 mile and 5k:
- 10 & Under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79 and 80 & Over
- All 5K, 5 mile and 1 mile finishers will receive a finisher medal
Where can I park the morning of the race?
- Parking is available at area lots and adjacent streets. Click HERE for more information!
Do I have to run the race or can I walk instead?
- You may walk any of the events. However, the police may ask you to move to the sidewalk if you do not finish the race within a certain time for the safety of everyone.
How is the course? Does it have many hills?
- The courses are mostly flat. However, there are decent grades on both bridges on the 5 Mile course. Click HERE for more info!
For how long will the course be open?
- The route will stay open until 11:30am. Police, at their discretion, will move you to the sidewalk if need be.
Where is/are the water stop(s)?
- There will be two water stations for the 5 mile and one water station for the 5K.
- 5 Mile water stations are on the Lorain and Detroit/Superior Bridges. The 5K water station will be right after the split, by Progressive Field.
Are there restrooms (portos) along the course?
- No, restrooms are available inside Public Hall and portos will be available near the start/finish line by the Convention Center
Am I able to bring a stroller or my dog to the race?
- Dogs and strollers are welcome, but please stay to the back of the start area for the safety of the runners. Dogs are NOT allowed inside Public Hall!
Where can spectators, friends, and family watch on the course? Can they be at the start or finish areas?
- All are welcome to check out the Orangetheory Fitness Cleveland Turkey Trot’s start and finish in downtown Cleveland on Lakeside Avenue. You can be at the different mile markers and water stops as well. Please be cognizant of traffic and the participants as they run/walk. Please listen to police/security instruction as well. We recommend staying at the finish to see your friends and/or loved ones finish under the giant inflatable!
Can I wear headphones on the course?
- Yes, you can. Please consider keeping the volume low enough to stay aware of your surroundings and any directions or announcements given audibly by race personnel, police, or other runners.
Where will restrooms be located on race morning?
- Restrooms are available inside Public Hall and port-o-potties can be found on East Mall Drive.
Can I volunteer for the race?
- E-mail email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering for the race.
Is there a bag check?
- Yes, bag check will be located inside Public Hall which stays open from 7-11am.
Does the event benefit a charity? How can I make a donation?
- For information about our charity program, click here.
- Help make the holiday season brighter for others this year. Please bring canned goods and non-perishable items with you to any packet pickup site or on race day. Your donations will be delivered to local charitable organizations.
Your generosity is greatly appreciated during this time of year. Thank you for your support!
For more information, call (216) 623-9933 or email firstname.lastname@example.org